Essential Oils are one of the easiest ways to introduce self care into your routine. Paired with a soothing bath, they are an inexpensive and luxurious way to detox, relieve stress and reduce pain. Some essential oils used below in my blends are perfectly suited to reduce PMS symptoms and aid balanced hormones, all of them relaxing. Clary Sage for example is excellent at balancing hormones, reducing PMS symptoms, alleviating pain and reducing stress. Lavender, known as the ultimate relaxer, alleviates depression and emotional symptoms, while Geranium is known to actually reduce hormone fluctuations. Essential oils have many benefits, they are effective and thus powerful, so remember to take precaution and use in appropriate amounts.
**Consult a health care practitioner if pregnant**
- Overworked Muscles: Lavender (3 drops) + Marjoram (2 drops) + Rosemary (1 drop)
- Detox: Geranium (3 drops) + Rosemary (2 drops)
- Decrease Anxiety / Sleep Aid: Lavender (4 drops) + Bergamot (2 drops) -/- Lavender (3 drops) + Clary Sage (3 drops)
- Menstrual Cramps: Clary Sage (3 drops) + Chamomile (2 drops) + Geranium (2 drops) + Lavender (2 drops) + 1/4 cup of Epson Salts.
- Fill the bath with hot water, as warm as you can stand, and dispense Epson Salts and stir to dissolve, for a muscle relaxing effect, best to do in the evening.
- Add your choice of Essential oil blend and climb into the bath for at least 30 minutes for best results, rub any oil on water surface into the skin.
*I suggest having some water to drink while in the bath to stay hydrated, and relaxing with a meditation podcast or relaxing music.