Castor oil (MAGIC) treatments are a simple self care habit that you can practice at home to ease menstrual pain and much more.
Castor oil comes from the Castor plant and has huge anti-inflammatory properties. It is used to reduce pain all over the body, mainly in the abdomen, by breaking up scar tissue and adhesions and softening and relaxing muscles, while drawing out toxins.
This treatment has great benefits for menstrual pain by decreasing tension and inflammation before your period, as well as increases detoxification by improving elimination in bowel, kidneys, bladder and liver. All important organs for the elimination of excess estrogen, a common cause of PMS.
**Do not do a Castor Oil pack during menstruation**
What you will need:
- Good quality cold pressed Castor Oil.
- A piece of natural cotton flannel fabric, enough to cover your abdomen.
- A heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Optional: To add some beautiful and relaxing essential oils to every 1 oz or so of oil.
- Hormone balancing blend includes: Geranium ( 8 drops) Lavender (5 drops) Patchouli (3 drops)
- Mix a couple ounces of oil with essential oil blend.
- Drizzle the square of fabric with a tablespoon or 2 of the oil and spread it evenly around.
- Place the cloth over the lower abdomen and cover with a piece of plastic (a bag works). This will prevent mess (the oil can leave a stain so wear comfy clothing your ok with getting dirty).
- Now place a dry towel over the plastic and place a heating pad or hot water bottle over top, the heat should be as warm as tolerated.
- Leave on the abdomen for at least an hour.
- Use this treatment on alternating days, up to 3 times a week, prior to your period.