Truth is vaginal steaming or yoni steam is not so new, its been used in ancient practices around the world to aid and maintain healthy female reproductive systems for thousands of years.
The process is simple, non invasive and soothing. It helps stagnant fertility conditions like PMS, cramps, brown menstrual blood, clotting, low flow, PCOS just to name a few. The steam increases circulation in the womb, infused with healing herbal oils that work to nourish, tone and cleanse vaginal and uterine tissue.
The best time to treat yourself to a steam is between the time of ovulation, and before menstrual flow begins, once a month for healthy reproductive care. Self care is so important, we do our nails and go for facials, why not treat our yoni's.
Blend 2-3 of following herbs, dried:
- Rosemary: Increases circulation in reproductive organs, clears out old stagnant fluids and tissues with its purifying effects.
- Marigold: Cleanses vaginal tissue.
- Lavender: Relaxation herb, calms the body and mind, natural antiseptic and aids healthy uterine function.
- Oregano: Helps to bring on menses and increase flow, stimulates and strengthens the uterus.
***A couple cautions include Do Not try if: ON your period, have a infection/wound in the area or are pregnant/ could be pregnant
Easy at home steps:
- Get a large metal or glass bowl that will sit easily in the toilet bowl.
- Blend 1 cup worth of herbs in bowl, this week I used lavender, marigold and rosemary.
- Boil 3L of water in Kettle or stovetop; be careful when transporting hot water to bathroom.
- Fill up the bowl and test the temperature of steam by placing wrist over bowl.
- When at a comfortable temperature sit on the toilet, with no underwear, but be sure to keep warm. Wear a sweater, big socks and use a towel or blanket to cover lower half, be sure to tuck in the blanket around your legs to keep the steam in.
- Rest in this place for 20-30 minutes, put your phone away and utilize this time to relax: meditate, listen to some music or a podcast or read.
- Once completed, best to lay down after, I like to do a steam in the evening before bed, on my day 25 or so, nice, warm and relaxing before going to sleep.